Invacare Australia and New Zealand
Invacare Australia Pty Ltd and Invacare New Zealand (we, us, our) collect personal information from you and are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect and hold is managed in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (AUS Privacy Act) and the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (NZ Privacy Act), and in particular, the Privacy Principles under each Act.
Personal information is information that identifies you or could reasonably identify you, such as your name, contact details and records of your dealings with us. This includes sensitive information such as details about your health, as well as credit-related information (including details of your credit worthiness, credit history, and other details in a credit report about you).
You may choose not to give us your personal information. However, if you don't provide us your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services or provide you with an appropriate level of service.
Handling your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to conduct day to day business transactions and interactions with you
- to assess your eligibility for a line of credit or to collect outstanding debts under a line of credit
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements with you
- any purpose required or permitted by law
- any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented,and
- any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect.
We set out more detail about how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information below.
Collecting your personal information
We will collect your personal information through our interactions with you, for, but not exclusive to, the following reasons:
- when you apply for a line of credit with us or open an account
- to register you as an account holder
- to interact with you and provide you with our products and services
- when you interact with one of our representatives
- for delivering items to you and as proof of delivery
- when we collect items from you that have been on trial or rented
- when you register a product with us for warranty purposes
- to contact you if your product is affected by a recall
- when you register with us on our website or other social platforms
- when you use blogs or community forums on our website
- when you subscribe to any Invacare updates or complete one of our surveys
- when you choose to use our "Tell a Friend" service
- to invite you to read a news article if you have been referred by a friend through our "Tell a Friend" service, and
- to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you (unless you tell us not to).
Where appropriate, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as a clinician, your employer, service providers, agents, advisers, as well as other trade credit providers and credit reporting bodies. You authorise us to collect personal information from such third parties, and authorise those third parties to disclose to us any personal, credit, financial or commercial information for the purposes of our business functions and activities.
Using and disclosing your personal information
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to third parties who assist us in providing our products and services, for example:
- our service providers including insurers, financial institutions, debt collection agencies and delivery or shipping agents
- professional advisers including clinicians, prescribers, lawyers, accountants and auditors
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, and
- our related companies and other business partners, including companies whose products and services may be of interest to you (unless you tell us not to).
This may include disclosure of your personal information to recipients located in the United States of America, where our global headquarters resides.
Disclosing your credit-related information to others
When customers apply for a line of credit, we may disclose your personal information (including information regarding your credit worthiness or credit history) to other credit providers to assess an application where you are the borrower or a guarantor, to notify them of defaults under the line of credit, and to inform other credit providers who allege that you are in default with them. We may disclose your information to any person, provided it is reasonably necessary to do so for the purposes of that person taking an assignment of any debt you owe us.
We may also disclose your personal information to credit reporting bodies in order to obtain a credit report about you and to provide details of any default or credit infringement under a line of credit.
Who holds your information and the security measures we maintain to protect your personal information
We will hold personal information collected from you and others. Our address is set out below. We hold your personal information in both paper-based and electronic formats. We have implemented a variety of security measures to protect the personal information we receive and hold. In particular, when you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL), and your credit card information will not be stored on our servers. We will retain your information for as long as necessary for any of the above purposes.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
We take care to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and not misleading, and that the personal information we use and disclose is relevant. Where we believe that personal information that we hold requires correction, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. You may also, at any time, request us to correct the personal information that we hold about you or request access to the information that we hold about you, via the member / 'My Profile' information tab on our websites or by contacting our Privacy Officer by email, phone or mail at
Name:Invacare Australia Pty Ltd or Invacare New Zealand
Post:PO Box 5002, North Rocks NSW 2151 for AustraliaPO Box 62124, Sylvia Park, Auckland for New Zealand
Questions and complaints